Nature Consortium is now seeking a Volunteer EcoArt Assistant to support our after school arts programs in West Seattle.
Volunteer EcoArt Assistants work with professional Teaching Artists and Nature Consortium staff to facilitate positive, engaging collaborative large group environmental art experiences.
- Support classroom activities and assist the Teaching Artist with instruction, setup, and cleanup
- Support hands-on art & stewardship activities: planting & removal, large scale outdoor art projects
- Assist staff in facilitating eco-art field trip activities for visiting school groups
- Communicate regularly with Nature Consortium staff about scheduling, upcoming events, and other details
- Commit to ongoing self-education about art, urban forest restoration, and environmental education
- Earn service learning or internship hours
- Learn how to support and manage a classroom
- Learn about art through an ecological perspective & learn cultural history of Seattle’s urban forests
- Develop communication, time and group management skills to build up your resume
- Must attend all training
- Report to your assigned art class as instructed by your manager
- Enjoy working with members of the public and especially with young people
- Follow program policies and procedures with willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability and stamina to participate in group walks over rough terrain and carry supplies
- Reliable, dependable and passionate about arts and nature
- Must pass criminal background check
- Basic naturalist & stewardship training, resources for future self-guided education
- 1 hour training session: eco-art philosophy, teaching, group facilitation, & cultural competence
This is a volunteer position.
Contact: email@example.com or call (206 923-0853