Nature Consortium is a grassroots, community-based organization whose mission is to connect people, arts and nature. We produce a Youth Art Program, an Urban Forest Restoration Program and the Arts in Nature Festival.
“It all started with a shirt.”
Nature Consortium creates opportunities for people to connect to themselves, to each other, their community and the natural world. We foster a journey of discovery for people to find their individual passion, empowerment and action. We believe that by creating awareness, individuals will change their behavior in interacting with the world.
- Connecting art and nature: We continually raise awareness of and explore the relationship between art and nature.
- Taking care of our people: We fairly compensate our staff, always pay artists, and appreciate and nourish all those involved with the organization.
- Building community: We build community by engaging people through our activities and programs.
- Modeling sustainable behavior: We strive to practice environmentally responsible behavior in all that we do.
- Increasing accessibility: We create new ways to experience art and the environment together.
- Continued learning: We will continue learning and provide opportunities for others to learn.
- Having fun!: We aim to accomplish our mission through fun and enjoyable activities.